What do we mean by the term reflective practice?
Click to see full answer
Considering this, what is meant by the term reflective practice?
Reflective practice is the ability to reflect on one's actions so as to engage in a process of continuous learning. According to one definition it involves "paying critical attention to the practical values and theories which inform everyday actions, by examining practice reflectively and reflexively.
One may also ask, what are the basic elements of reflective practice? For example, Reflective Practice might also be called, and is synonymous with or similar to:
- Personal reflection.
- Self-criticism or self-critique.
- Intra-personal awareness.
- Personal cognisance/cognizance.
Regarding this, what is reflective practice and why is it important?
Reflective practice has huge benefits in increasing self-awareness, which is a key component of emotional intelligence, and in developing a better understanding of others. Reflective practice can also help you to develop creative thinking skills, and encourages active engagement in work processes.
How do you use reflective practice?
- Acknowledge all practice as a learning opportunity.
- Think about what you do and the meaning of your practice experience regularly.
- Create opportunities to share your practice experiences with others.
- Examine the assumptions behind your practice.
- Compare the theory of your practice to what you actually do.