What beans are highest in iron?
Likewise, people ask, what beans are good for anemia?
Some iron-rich options are:
- kidney beans.
- black-eyed peas.
- pinto beans.
- black beans.
- lima beans.
Secondly, which fish has the most iron? Fish is a highly nutritious ingredient, and certain varieties like tuna are especially high in iron. In fact, a 3-ounce (85-gram) serving of canned tuna contains about 1.4 mg of iron, which is approximately 8% of the DV ( 74 ).
People also ask, what foods are highest in iron?
This article looks at the 10 best sources of iron in the diet.
- Fortified breakfast cereals. Share on Pinterest Fortified cereals can provide all the iron a person needs during the day.
- Cooked oysters.
- White beans.
- Dark chocolate.
- Organ meats.
Which fruits are high in iron?
Plant souces of iron (non-heme)
- Legumes – beans, soybeans and lentils.
- Dark green leafy vegetables such as spinach or kale.
- Fortified breakfast cereals.
- Enriched rice or pasta.
- Whole-grain and enriched breads.
- Pumpkin seeds.
- Dried fruits – apricots, raisins and prunes.