What are the wound classifications?
Also know, what are the 6 types of wounds?
Types of Skin Injury
- Cuts, lacerations, gashes and tears. These are wounds that go through the skin to the fat tissue.
- Scrapes, abrasions, scratches and floor burns. These are surface wounds that don't go all the way through the skin.
- Bruises. These are bleeding into the skin from damaged blood vessels.
Also Know, what wound classification is a thyroidectomy? TABLE 12.7. Surgical Site Infection Wound Classification and Approximate Rates of Infection.
|No inflammation||Excision of skin lesion|
|No break in aseptic technique||Thyroidectomy|
|No entry of biliary, respiratory, GI, or GU tracts|
Keeping this in view, what are the 4 types of wounds?
There are four types of open wounds, which are classified depending on their cause.
- Abrasion. An abrasion occurs when your skin rubs or scrapes against a rough or hard surface.
- Laceration. A laceration is a deep cut or tearing of your skin.
What are the types of wound healing?
Primary healing, delayed primary healing, and healing by secondary intention are the 3 main categories of wound healing. Even though different categories exist, the interactions of cellular and extracellular constituents are similar.