What are the longest words in the English language?
- antidisestablishmentarianism - opposition to the disestablishment of the Church of England - 28 letters.
- floccinaucinihilipilification - the estimation of something as worthless - 29 letters.
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis - a supposed lung disease - 45 letters.
Click to see full answer
Considering this, what are the 10 longest words in the English language?
10 Longest Words in the English Language
- Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (45 letters)
- Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia (36 letters)
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (34 letters)
- Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (30 letters)
- Floccinaucinihilipilification (29 letters)
- Antidisestablishmentarianism (28 letters)
Similarly, what is the longest word in the world that takes 3 hours to say? A man has been recorded spending more than three hours to pronounce what is supposedly the longest word in the English language. 'Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylarginyl isoleucine' is the chemical name of 'titin' (also known as 'connectin') - the largest known protein. It has 189,819 letters.
Also to know is, what is the longest word in the English language 2019?
The longest word in any of the major English language dictionaries is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a word that refers to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of very fine silica particles, specifically from a volcano; medically, it is the same as silicosis.
Is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious a real word in the dictionary?
It's a nonsense word made famous from a song of the same name in the 1964 Mary Poppins film. It has an entry in the Oxford English Dictionary: A nonsense word, originally used esp. by children, and typically expressing excited approbation: fantastic, fabulous.