What are the examples of risk factors in food?
- Improper hot/cold holding temperatures of potentially hazardous food.
- Improper cooking temperatures of food.
- Dirty and/or contaminated utensils and equipment.
- Poor employee health and hygiene.
- Food from unsafe sources.
Consequently, what are examples of risk factors?
Risk factor: Something that increases a person's chances of developing a disease. For example, cigarette smoking is a risk factor for lung cancer, and obesity is a risk factor for heart disease.
Additionally, what key practices can cause food to become unsafe? The three ways food becomes unsafe are through:
- Cross Contamination.
- Poor Hygiene.
- Time-Temperature Abuse.
Besides, what are the 3 types of risk factors?
Types of risk factors
- Behavioural risk factors. Behavioural risk factors usually relate to 'actions' that the individual has chosen to take.
- Physiological risk factors.
- Demographic risk factors.
- Environmental risk factors.
- Genetic risk factors.
What are the 5 most common foodborne illnesses?
The five bugs most likely to cause an outbreak: Norovirus, Salmonella, Clostridium perfringens, E. coli, and Campylobacter. Together, they accounted for roughly 9 out of 10 illnesses from outbreaks from 2011 to 2015.