What are Oktoberfest colors?
In respect to this, what is Oktoberfest celebrated for?
Oktoberfest. Oktoberfest, annual festival in Munich, Germany, held over a two-week period and ending on the first Sunday in October. The festival originated on October 12, 1810, in celebration of the marriage of the crown prince of Bavaria, who later became King Louis I, to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen.
Also Know, what is the Oktoberfest outfit called? Authentic outfits for Oktoberfest in Munich are called Tracht (Tra-oct). Women wear traditional dirndl (DEERN-dul) dresses while men wear leather lederhosen (LAY-der-hozen) shorts.
Also, what should you not wear to Oktoberfest?
If you don't plan on wearing a dirndl or lederhosen to Oktoberfest, just wear your normal clothes. Plenty of people show up to the Oktoberfest tents wearing just their everyday sweatshirt and jeans attire. This is especially perfect for Oktoberfest-goers looking to stay on a budget.
What do I serve for an Oktoberfest party?
- Hot Dog Paprikash.
- Chicken or Pork Schnitzel with Quick Sweet 'n' Sauerkraut & Apple, Onion & Potato Salad.
- Knocks 'n' Brats & Red Cabbage & Potatoes Rosti.
- White Asparagus Bread Salad with Hollandaise.
- Beef Schnitzel a la Holstein & Braised Green Beans.
- German Chocolate Praline Cake.
- Apple Cider Barley.