What are bulb sizes?
Similarly, it is asked, what are the different sizes of light bulbs?
There are only three bulb sizes that we sell: C7, C9 and Medium. These are the names we use, but these bulb sizes can go by many different names.
Light Bulb & Socket Guide
- C7 Bulbs have a candelabra or E12 base.
- C9 Bulbs have an intermediate or E17 base.
- Medium Bulbs have a E26 base (E27 in Europe).
Also Know, what is a Type C light bulb? C light bulbs are made to look like a candle flame for decorative applications, such as chandeliers, restaurants, bathrooms, and hotels. C light bulbs with a blunt tip are sometimes referred to as “torpedo shaped” or “bullet,” as with most compact fluorescent C light bulbs and C-7 incandescent bulbs.
Besides, how do I know Bulb size?
To determine a light bulb size, use the full size scale shown (calibrated in eighths). Place edge of the light bulb to be identified on the top end of the scale and measure the approximate diameter by reading the measurement at the opposite edge of the light bulb.
How do I know what light bulb I need?
- Look for the right wattage.
- Pay attention to the lumens.
- Look at the shape of the bulb.
- Check the 'life expectancy' of the light bulb.
- Make note of the 'light appearance' of the bulb.
- Look at the energy cost of the bulb.
- Check the mercury content of the light bulb.