Is high protein good for cats?
Moreover, do indoor cats need high protein?
Most cat owners know that cats need to eat more protein than many other animals do. In another study using 24 adult neutered male cats, researchers found that cats needed to eat at least 2.3 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day to maintain muscle mass.
Subsequently, question is, what does high protein in cats blood mean? This is a serum protein that helps evaluate hydration, hemorrhage and intestinal, liver and kidney disease. Elevations in this test may indicate liver damage, Cushing's disease or active bone growth in a young cat. This test is especially significant in cats.
People also ask, what is the best protein source for cats?
1. There's not one best kind of protein. Cats need animal protein, fat, and other vitamins and minerals -- and they can get these nutrients from many different sources. The protein in commercial cat foods can come from chicken, poultry, beef, lamb, fish, liver, or meat or chicken “byproducts,” also called “meal.”
What is the healthiest food to feed your cat?
- THE BEST WET CAT FOOD. American Journey Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, $23, Chewy.
- THE BEST CAT FOOD FOR KITTENS. Hill's Science Diet Kitten Dry Cat Food, $20, Amazon.
- THE BEST FOOD FOR ADULT CATS. Hill's Science Diet Adult Dry Cat Food, $20, Amazon.
- THE BEST SENSITIVE STOMACH CAT FOOD.
- THE BEST CAT FOOD FOR ALL LIFE STAGES.