How long do Hippeastrum flowers last?
Subsequently, one may also ask, what do you do with Hippeastrum after flowering?
- After flowering, cut down spent flower spikes to the base, but keep the leaves growing on by careful watering and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser weekly.
- Place the bulbs in their pots outside or in the greenhouse during the summer months, but shade them from scorching sunshine and water regularly.
Subsequently, question is, how long do potted amaryllis blooms last? three weeks
Additionally, how do you get Hippeastrums to flower?
Cut off the stems just above the bulb nose. Continue to water and fertilize for at least 6 months, allowing the leaves to fully develop and grow. When the leaves turn yellow, cut them back to about 2 inches (5 cm) from the top of the bulb and remove the bulb from the soil.
How do you care for an amaryllis after it blooms?
How to Care for Amaryllis After they Finish Blooming
- Snip off the flower stems about 1/2" from the bulb.
- Place your plants on sunny windowsills so the leaves can gather light, photosynthesize, and provide nourishment to the bulbs.
- Keep watering your plants so the soil says lightly moist, but never soggy.