How do you update a database model in Entity Framework?
Then, how do I update my Entity Framework database?
After creating a migration file using the add-migration command, you have to update the database. Execute the Update-Database command to create or modify a database schema. Use the –verbose option to view the SQL statements being applied to the target database.
One may also ask, how do I update a stored procedure in Entity Framework? Accepted Answer
- In your .
- Within the Model Browser (in VS 2015 default configuration, it is a tab within the Solution Explorer), expand Function Imports under the model.
- Double-click your stored procedure.
- Click the Update button next to Returns a Collection Of - Complex (if not returning a scalar or entity)
Keeping this in view, how do I update Entity Framework model from database first?
To use code-first for an existing database, right click on your project in Visual Studio -> Add -> New Item.. Select ADO.NET Entity Data Model in the Add New Item dialog box and specify the model name (this will be a context class name) and click on Add. This will open the Entity Data Model wizard as shown below.
How do I enable entity framework?
Install Entity Framework 6
- From the Tools menu, choose NuGet Package Manager, and then choose Package Manager Console.
- In the Package Manager Console window, enter the following command: text Copy. Install-Package EntityFramework.