Are Honda engines interference engines?
Furthermore, what engines are non interference engines?
More videos on YouTube
- Audi. • 1.8L 1.9L Interference.
- BMW. • 2.5L 325I 525I Interference.
- Acura. • All except SLX Interference.
- Chrysler. • 1.4L, 1.5L & 1.6L Interference.
- Fiat. • 1.3L 128 Series Interference.
- Ford. • 1.3L Non-Interference.
- GM and Saturn. • 1.0L Interference.
- GEO. • 1.0L Interference.
Beside above, does my car have an interference engine? You can check to see if your engine is an interference type or not by going to http://www.gates.com, and click the "Aftermarket" tab. Under "Cars & Light Trucks" section, click "Belts, then click "Timing Belts." Click the link that says "Got an interference engine? Find out now" and chose your vehicle and engine.
Considering this, what engines are interference?
An interference engine is a type of 4-stroke internal combustion piston engine in which one or more valves in the fully open position extends into any area through which the piston may travel. By contrast, in a non-interference engine, the piston does not travel into any area into which the valves open.
Is the 2jz an interference engine?
The 2JZ is not interference, even the HKS 264's have low enough lift to clear. JUN and other brands are potentially high enough to hit so be weary.