How do you test an HID ballast?
- Open the hood of your car.
- Put on latex gloves. Oil from your fingers can damage the HID bulb and reduce its lifespan.
- Connect the HID bulb to the ballast by plugging the ballast plug into the bulb socket.
- Use two wires to connect the ballast to the car battery.
Click to see full answer
In respect to this, how do I know if my HID ballast is bad?
HID ballast diagnostic tip If one doesn't light when you turn on the headlights, proceed with this test: Have a helper watch the HID bulb closely as you turn on the headlight switch. They're looking for any sign of flicker. If there's no sign of lighting, it's usually a bad ballast or igniter.
Subsequently, question is, how do you test an HPS ballast?
- Step 1 - Remove the Lamp. Remove the lamp.
- Step 2 - Visually Inspect the Lamp. Visually inspect the lamp for proper connections and contacts.
- Step 3 - Check Accessories. Review the accessories on your lamp.
- Step 4 - Test the Voltage.
- Step 5 - Check the Ballast.
- Step 6 - Check the Short-circuit Current.
- Step 7 - Reassemble.
Also to know, how do I check my hid?
How to Test an HID Bulb
- Examine the bulb for signs it has burned out. A mercury HID bulb exhibits a blackening at the end of the arc tube.
- Check the specifications on the ballast.
- For high-pressure sodium lamps, use a known good bulb to first ensure the ballast and starter are operable.
How do you fix a HID ballast?
- Step 1 - Check Voltage and Amps. Check to make sure you have the proper voltage and amps for the HID ballast you are running.
- Step 2 - Check the Wiring. Check the wiring on the ballast as well.
- Step 3 - Change the Solenoids.
- Step 4 - Solder the Connections.
- Step 5 - Purchase a New System.