How do you make your own apron?
- Create the Apron Shape. First, fold your fabric lengthwise and mark it as shown above.
- Finish the Curved Edges. Add bias tape to the two curved edges.
- Add a Pocket. You can add a pocket a few different ways.
- Finish the Remaining Edges.
- Make the Apron Neckband.
- Sew the Neckband to the Apron.
- Make the Waist Ties.
Herein, how do you make an apron without a sewing machine?
- Cut a piece from the flannel 18" x 20".
- Fold over the edges making a seam of 1/2" or the width of the roll of webbing fusion.
- Place a strip of the webbing tape in the 1/2" fold and iron all of the edges down.
- Flip the rectangle over and find the middle of the ironed piece of flannel along the top edge.
Also Know, what material is used for aprons? Although cotton, nylon, and leather are three of the most common materials for aprons, there is a list of other options that you can consider. Plastic is often a great choice if you need an apron for quick applications or a single use.
Also to know is, how much fabric is needed for an apron?
To make the apron, you'll need to gather up your supplies: Adult: 1 1/2 yards of pre-washed and ironed fabric, give or take. You can get by with a little less if you make a shorter tie.
What are the different types of aprons?
- 1.1 Bib apron.
- 1.2 Pinafore.
- 1.3 Tabard.
- 1.4 Bungalow apron.
- 1.5 Clerical garment.