How do you make an apron out of an old tablecloth?
- Cut out each element of the apron.
- Sew the pocket to the front of the apron.
- Gather the sides of the apron and pin.
- Cut out pieces of lining fabric to match the straps for the top and waist of the apron.
- Cut out a piece of lining fabric to match the top of the apron.
- Turn right side out and iron.
Furthermore, what is the best material for an apron?
Apron Fabrics, How to Choose
- Cotton/Muslin– the most common fabric that users think about is of course cotton and muslin.
- Rubber/Nylon– another common fabric when making aprons is of course rubber or nylon.
- Leather– leather is perhaps one of the best fabrics for aprons as it lasts for a very long time.
Subsequently, question is, what is the use of an apron? An apron is a protective piece of clothing made from fabric (or other materials) that covers the front of the body. Some workers wear aprons for hygienic reasons (for example restaurant workers). Other workers wear aprons to protect clothes, or to protect their bodies from injury.
Furthermore, what are the different types of aprons?
Popular Types of Aprons
- Server Aprons and Waist Aprons. Server and waist aprons do not provide upper body coverage.
- 4-Way Aprons.
- Bistro Aprons.
- Bib Aprons.
- Tuxedo Aprons.
- Cobbler Aprons.
- Dishwasher Aprons.
- Disposable Aprons.
Why is it important to wear an apron?
The apron prevents your clothes from coming in contact with the food, hence any germs, dust, hair etc, stay within the apron and off your plate. Well by merely wearing an apron, it tucks in all the loose clothing and our clothes are firmly secured to our body.