How do you make a pillow cover with trim?
Click to see full answer
Besides, how do you make a pillow cover for throw pillows?
How to make an envelope pillow cover
- Step 1: Cut the front side of your pillow cover the size of your pillow insert.
- Step 2: Cut 2 pieces for the back side –be sure that your fabric is going in the same direction as the front unless you don't want it to.
- For example, my pillow insert is 16 inches so 1/2 of that is 8 inches + 5= 13 inches.
Also Know, how do you make a round pillow? To sew a round pillow, cut 2 identical circles out of 2 pieces of fabric, and stack them on top of each other so the "wrong" side of the fabric, or the side that you don't want to show, is facing out. Pin the fabric together and sew around the circle along the pins, leaving a seam allowance of 1/2 inch.
Also know, how do you make fabric trim?
- Press your fabric and trim the edges to make them straight.
- Fold one corner down at a 45 degree angle so that the side edge is even with the bottom edge.
- Lay the ruler against the diagonal fold of fabric and trim off about 1/8''.
- Then start cutting bias strips your desired width.
- Get ready to sew strips together.
What is bias tape used for?
Bias tape is used in making piping, binding seams, finishing raw edges, etc. It is often used on the edges of quilts, placemats, and bibs, around armhole and neckline edges instead of a facing, and as a simple strap or tie for casual bags or clothing.