How do you make a futon mattress cover?
- Lay the futon mattress flat.
- Transfer the width and length measurements to the fabric, marking with a fabric pen.
- Place the fabric together with the right sides of the fabric facing each other.
- Sew together the fabric on the two short sides and one long side, 1/2 inch in from the edge of the fabric.
Similarly, you may ask, how do you make a futon cover?
How to Make a Futon Cover
- Take your mattress off of the futon, and lay it in the middle of the floor.
- Using your measuring tape, measure the length of the mattress first.
- Measure the width of the mattress next.
- Now, measure the height (or thickness, as it is known as) of the mattress.
- Convert your measurements from inches to yards.
- Measure your futon to decide which size cover you need.
- Purchase a new futon cover.
- Remove the old futon cover.
- Put the new futon cover on your futon mattress.
- Run your hands over the mattress to push out any wrinkles.
Besides, can I use a fitted sheet as a futon cover?
While a fitted sheet can be used in place of a futon cover, it fits best if the futon is used flat, in the bed position only. A futon cover is designed to stay put even as the futon mattress flexes.
Dry Methods Your futon mattress needs sunlight to help remove excess moisture from the fibers, while vacuuming removes dirt, dust, or skin cells from your mattress. The last "dry" method involves sprinkling baking soda over your mattress and leaves it for about an hour, the vacuuming it clean.