How do you make a CSR DigiCert?
Herein, how do you create a CSR?
How to Generate a CSR for Microsoft IIS 8
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Select the server where you want to generate the certificate.
- Navigate to Server Certificates.
- Select Create a New Certificate.
- Enter your CSR details.
- Select a cryptographic service provider and bit length.
- Save the CSR.
One may also ask, does a CSR need to be generated on server? No. It is not necessary to generate the CSR on the machine that you want to host the resulting certificate on. The CSR does need to be generated either using the existing private key that the certificate will be eventually paired with or its matching private key is generated as part of the CSR creation process.
Also know, how do I generate a CSR using Keytool?
Step 2: Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) from your New Keystore
- Run Command. In Keytool, type the following command: keytool -certreq -alias server -file csr.txt -keystore your_site_name.jks.
- Save and Back-up Your Keystore File.
- Order Your SSL/TLS Certificate.
- Install Certificate.
How do I generate a CSR on a Mac?
How to generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) file using Apple Mac OS X Lion Server
- Select the server under Hardware in the Server app sidebar.
- Click Settings > click the Edit button to the right of SSL Cert.
- Choose Manage Certificate sheet, select the self-signed certificate you want to generate the CSR.