How do you keep brass bathroom fixtures from tarnishing?
Just so, how do you restore brass bathroom fixtures?
- Mix mild dish detergent with hot water and wipe it on the brass bathroom fixtures with a soft cloth.
- Soak a paper towel in white vinegar and tuck it around faucet handles or wrap it around the shower head where hard water stains are visible.
Likewise, how do you clean tarnished brass faucets? Mix one teaspoon of salt, 1/2 cup of distilled vinegar and about 3 tbsp flour. Dissolve the salt in vinegar and add the flour to make a paste. Wipe it on the surface of the brass faucet and leave it for 10 minutes. Wipe if off with a dry cloth.
Then, how do you keep brass from tarnishing?
A clear polyurethane sealer will protect the brass from oxygen exposure without causing discoloration.
- Apply a small amount of paint thinner to a soft cloth.
- Polish the brass with a mixture of lemon juice and salt.
- Paint a coating of polyurethane onto the brass with a paintbrush.
How do you care for brass sinks?
- Wash the sink drain well in hot soapy water. Rinse it well and wipe dry.
- Make a paste of one part vinegar, one part salt and one part flour.
- Wipe the drain dry and apply a coat of lemon oil with a soft cloth.
- Things You Will Need.
- References (2)
- About the Author.