How do you install scalloped concrete edgers?
Similarly one may ask, how do you install landscape edgers?
- Measure the outline of the garden bed using rope.
- Unroll the plastic lawn edging the day before you want to use it.
- Dig a 3–6 in (7.6–15.2 cm) deep trench around the garden bed.
- Cut off any small roots that are in the way of the trench.
- Place the plastic edging into the trench.
Furthermore, how do you install scalloped edging stones? Lay a carpenter's level in the trench and add or remove soil as needed to achieve a level base. If you have clay soil with poor drainage, dig the trench about 4 inches deeper and add a 3-inch layer of compacted gravel and 1 inch of leveled, coarse sand to support the scalloped edging.
Also Know, can you paint concrete edging?
Rather than dig up your cement edging to replace it, you can paint the edging a different color. Cement edging has a porous surface that will absorb paint. Because of this, you need to seal the edging before painting it. Concrete edging can be painted to refresh a flower bed.
How do you do landscape edging?
landscape fabric Place the edging in the trench and bend it Place the edging in the trench and bend it to follow the contours of the bed. Fill low spots with soil, packing it down firmly. Trim strips of edging to length if necessary, with tin snips Trim strips of edging to length, if necessary, with tin snips.