How do you hang two different colored curtains?
- Layer Them. Install a double curtain rod, and hang the lightest-colored panel against the window and the darker one in front of it.
- Create a Pattern.
- Working With Two Panels.
- Different Colors on Windows in the Same Room.
Also question is, can you have two different curtains in the same room?
If you want your curtains to be the same throughout the whole room, you can, as long as the décor matches throughout also. If the style of furnishings evolves in the different parts of the room then so too can your curtains. Some patterned fabric and some block colour curtains in an accent colour from that pattern.
Secondly, do my curtains have to match? For continuity, yes, the window curtains and drapes should be the same in an open concept room. If that is not preferrred think about purchasing curtains that are identical in everything but color and then they still match but you can separate one room in color only.
Also know, how do you put two curtains together?
Instructions for Sewing Curtain Panels Together
- Unstitch the vertical side seams on two curtain panels that you plan to sew together.
- Unpick the stitching in the top sleeve and on the bottom hem.
- Iron the side seam marks flat along the entire length of both panels.
- Place panels right-sides together and pin.
- Stitch a 5/8-inch seam end to end, joining both panels.
What color should my curtains be?
Color. You'll need to decide if you want the curtains to blend with the decor or to pop. For blending, pick curtains that are the same tone as the wall but a few shades darker, or choose a non-dominant subtle color in the room (a soft shade from the rug, say).