How do you grow a chenille plant?
Simply so, how do you root a chenille plant?
Acalypha is apparently fairly easy to propagate. Take a 4"-5" snip from the stem, dip the cut end into hormone rooting powder and plant carefully in a mixture of moist peat and perlite. Cover the pot and plant with a plastic bag or tight plastic dome to prevent moisture from releasing.
Also Know, how do you care for a chenille plant?
How to Care for Chenille Hanging Plant
- Hang your plant where it gets full sun each day.
- Water daily to keep the soil moist.
- Fertilize once a week during the active growing period, and while the flowers are forming during late spring and through early fall.
- Trim the plant routinely to keep it shaped up.
- Check for spider mites that can damage the plant.
How to Grow Healthy Plants
- Take the time to prepare the proper environment before new plants arrive.
- Don't smother new plants with too thick a soil blanket.
- Use fast foods or health foods, but nourish young plants well during growth spurts.
- Weed out bad influences when plants are young.
- Be overprotective at a plant's vulnerable seedling stage.