How do you figure out what color looks best on you?
- Look at the Veins in Your Wrist. If your skin is light enough that you can see your veins, look at whether they appear blue or green under your skin.
- Look at Your Watch.
- Look at Your Basics.
- Look at Your Skin's Reaction to Sun.
- Know What Colors Suit Your Undertone.
- Cool Undertones.
- Warm Undertones.
Keeping this in view, what colors look best on my skin tone?
On the warm side of the color wheel, you should turn to red, peach, coral, orange, amber, gold, and yellow. You also should look great when you wear "warmer" versions of cool colors, like olive, moss, orchid, and violet-red. Neutrals that are best for you include taupe, cappuccino, cream, and mushroom gray.
Likewise, what colors are cool tones? Cool Colors. Cool colors are typified by blue, green, and light purple. They can calm and soothe.
Also know, what hair color goes with my skin tone?
For warmer undertones (think hints of yellow or orange), your ideal hair color should give your skin a healthy, natural-looking flush. Go for hues that are cool, ashy or have reddish tones, like honey or strawberry blondes, golden copper, cool beige brown and rich browns.
How do I know my skin tone?
In natural light, check the appearance of your veins beneath your skin.
- If your veins appear blue or purple, you have a cool skin tone.
- If your veins look green or a greenish blue, you have a warm skin tone.
- If you can't tell whether or not your veins are green or blue, you probably have a neutral skin tone.