How do you do corners on vinyl baseboards?
- Wrap the baseboard around the corner.
- Turn the baseboard over.
- Fold the baseboard sharply, with the back side facing out, along the marked line.
- Carefully shave half the thickness of the vinyl along the line with a utility knife.
- Things You Will Need.
- References (1)
Similarly, it is asked, how do you install cove base corners?
If this is a cove base, slit the toe where it meets the inside corner. Apply adhesive to the back, press the base into the corner and slit the toes where they overlap on the floor. Pull off the excess toe material once it has been cut.
Likewise, how much does it cost to install cove base? The cost of metal cove base generally ranges between $4.00 per foot and over $15.00 a foot for a good quality metal cove base. Metal cove base installation methods are similar to vinyl cove base, by using either a double-sided installation tape or a cartridge adhesive.
Also, how do you cut cove molding outside corners?
The procedure for cutting outside corners is exactly the same -- except the position is reversed.
- Swing the blade of a miter saw to the right side.
- Place the molding on the left side.
- Trim 1/2 inch from the back of the molding.
- Swing the blade to the left side.
How do you install PVC baseboards?
How to Install Plastic Baseboard Molding
- Measure the length of each wall to determine the necessary length for each piece of plastic baseboard molding.
- Mark the molding pieces where you need to cut.
- Cut the plastic baseboard molding using a miter saw.
- Place the plastic baseboard against the wall to ensure you cut it correctly.