How do you cover a pea gravel patio?
Beside this, how do you cover pea gravel?
How to Coat a Pea Gravel Patio
- Remove 8 inches of topsoil from the site of the patio with a shovel.
- Lay landscape fabric over the tamped dirt to keep the gravel foundation from sinking in the ground.
- Spread a 3-inch-deep layer of 3/4-inch gravel over the fabric, and tamp it.
- Spray a coat of hot RC-250 over the first layer of compacted gravel.
Also, how do you make a pea gravel patio? How to Build a Gravel Patio
- Tools and Materials.
- Select the Patio Space.
- Order and Accept Delivery of the Gravel.
- Level out the Ground.
- Build a Frame to Contain the Gravel.
- Secure the Landscape Fabric.
- Deposit the Pea Gravel in the Frame.
- Level and Smooth out the Pea Gravel.
Similarly, it is asked, how deep should a pea gravel patio be?
Similar to pea gravel walkways, most pea gravel patios are constructed to offer a depth of about two inches, though you may need to dig deeper if the underlying soil isn't firm enough to provide an effective foundation.
Can you put pavers over pea gravel?
While pea gravel can be used as a mulch alternative, garden border and other landscaping purposes, it is not the best choice for a patio base. If you use pea gravel beneath a patio, take a few simple steps to ensure the stability of the base before setting your surface stones, pavers or bricks.