How do you clean the filter on a Whirlpool top loader washing machine?
Moreover, how do you clean the filter on a Whirlpool top load washer?
4 Steps to Clean a Whirlpool Washing Machine Filter
- Step 1: Locate the filter. Your first step is to find the filter's location.
- Step 2: Pull It Out. Before opening the filter compartment and pulling it out, put a washcloth under the opening to ensure no water leaks out and makes a mess.
- Step 3: Scrub the Filter.
- Step 4: Don't Forget About the Inside!
Beside above, how do you clean the lint filter on a top loader washing machine? How to Clean the Lint Collector for the Washing Machine
- If the screen is removable, soak it in hot water for 10 minutes to clear away residue.
- If the filter is secured in place, clean lint from it with a soft brush or paper towel.
- If the trap is disposable, replace it when it becomes clogged.
Keeping this in consideration, do top loading washing machines have filters?
Most front load washers have a small door near the bottom of the appliance that can be opened to remove any lint or debris caught in the water pump filter. Top-load washers and standard top-load washers usually require removing the outer housing to access the water pump filter from the back of the machine.
Where is the lint filter on a top loader?
Top Load Washer - Lint / Pump Filters
- There are 2 crescent-shaped Fine Mesh plastic lint filters in the bottom of the wash basket, under the agitator.
- During drain down and spin, the water forces the lint off the bottom of the filters and down the drain.
- These filters should never require cleaning or replacement.