How do you calculate the area of a garden?
Accordingly, how do you find the area of a garden?
To calculate the rectangular area multiply the short side by the long side (length x width). If a rectangle is 6 metres wide and 8 metres long it would be 48 square metres. Adding 10% for any issues would suggest you would need around 53 square metres of turf. To calculate the square area multiply both sides.
Similarly, how do you find the area calculator? Calculate the Area as Square Footage
- If you are measuring a square or rectangle area, multiply length times width; Length x Width = Area.
- For other area shapes, see formulas below to calculate Area (ft2) = Square Footage.
Also to know is, what is the formula for area?
Area is measured in square units such as square inches, square feet or square meters. To find the area of a rectangle, multiply the length by the width. The formula is: A = L * W where A is the area, L is the length, W is the width, and * means multiply.
How do you find the area of a flower bed?
- Find the square-foot area of a square or rectangular flower bed by multiplying the bed's length by its width.
- Determine the area of an oval-shaped flower bed by multiplying its length and width.
- Calculate the area of a circular flower bed by multiplying 3.14 by the radius squared.