How do you calculate BMR calories?
- BMR (metric) = (10 × weight in kg) + (6.25 × height in cm) - (5 × age in years) + 5.
- BMR (imperial) = (4.536 × weight in pounds) + (15.88 × height in inches) - (5 × age) + 5.
- BMR (metric) = (10 × weight in kg) + (6.25 × height in cm) - (5 × age in years) - 161.
Beside this, how do you calculate your BMR for weight loss?
The Harris-Benedict Equation is often used to estimate basal metabolic rate.
- Men: BMR = 88.362 + (13.397 x weight in kg) + (4.799 x height in cm) - (5.677 x age in years)
- Women: BMR = 447.593 + (9.247 x weight in kg) + (3.098 x height in cm) - (4.330 x age in years)
Subsequently, question is, what is a good BMR? The average basal energy expenditure (BEE), also known as basal metabolic rate (BMR), for American women is about 1,400 calories while for a man its roughly 1,800.
In this manner, how is BMR calculated?
BMR formula There are 2 formulae used to calculate BMR, in [kcal / 24hrs] for men and women respectively: BMR for Men = 66.47 + (13.75 * weight [kg]) + (5.003 * size [cm]) − (6.755 * age [years]) BMR for Women = 655.1 + (9.563 * weight [kg]) + (1.85 * size [cm]) − (4.676 * age [years])
What is BMR female?
Basal Metabolic Rate is the number of calories required to keep your body functioning at rest. To get your BMR, simply input your height, gender, age and weight below. Once you've determined your BMR, you can begin to monitor how many calories a day you need to maintain or lose weight.