How do you attach a ledger board to a pergola to a brick wall?
Accordingly, how do you attach a ledger board to a pergola?
Another way to attach a pergola to your home is by using a ledger board that you can attach to your home's wall. Use galvanized or stainless steel screws to attach it securely to the wall and then run the rafters from the ledger board to the beam on the other side that is supported by the posts placed as normal.
- Step 1 - Drill the Hole. Measure your wood and use the hammer drill to make a hole in the masonry that is a quarter of an inch deeper than the thickness of the wood.
- Step 2 - Mark the Wood.
- Step 3 - Insert the Fastener.
Herein, should a pergola be attached to House?
The look of a pergola attached to a house can be quite stunning, extending livable space while creating a connection between the indoors and the outdoors. Installing a pergola and fixing it to the side of a residence will add both enjoyment and value to your property.
- Mark the Pergola Elevation and Width on the House.
- Cut and Notch Three Beams for the First Roof Layer.
- Level, Pre-drill and Attach the Pergola Ledger to the House.
- Drill Patio for Post Brackets and Attach with Expansion Anchors.
- Install Post Supports and Posts to Brackets with Heavy-gauge Nails.