How do I write off an invoice in QuickBooks desktop?
People also ask, how do I write off an invoice in QuickBooks as bad debt?
Best Way to Write off an Invoice in QuickBooks
- Input the name of the customer and the date of the invoice you want to write.
- Proceed to select the bad debt item you want to write off. If you don't have a bad debt item, you have to create one.
- To create a bad debt item, go to add new and click on other charge and give it a name.
In this manner, how do you write off an invoice?
Write Off - Write Off is one way of dealing with bad debts. Bad debts usually means any specific invoice that becomes uncollectible. You can Write Off an invoice when you're sure that the invoice amount is uncollectible. When you Write Off an invoice it will be marked as Paid.
- Go to Customers.
- Select Receive Payments.
- Under RECEIVED FROM, choose your customer.
- From the PAYMENT AMOUNT field, enter the amount.
- Click Save & Close.
- Select OK.