How do I stop my puppy waking at 5am?
Keeping this in consideration, why does my puppy wake up at 5am?
Rule out physical causes Dogs may try to wake you up in the middle of the night or early in the morning for any number of reasons. According to Dogster, some could be caused by physical ailments, like a urinary tract infection or even dementia.
Additionally, how can I get my puppy to sleep later in the morning? How to Get a Dog to Sleep Later
- Exercise your pup for at least a half-hour each day, recommends Dr.
- Change your dog's feeding schedule by moving his dinner and breakfast times later by an hour.
- Take your pup out right before bedtime to potty on a leash, observing him to ensure that he truly does eliminate.
In respect to this, how do I get my puppy to sleep past 5 am?
Walk your dog to his bed using a command to 'get to bed'. Give him a treat once he's settled down. It may take a few nights, but if your dog gets out of bed, walk him back to his bed and use the command to tell him it's bedtime. If your dog wakes early and whines or tries to get your attention, ignore him.
What do I do if my puppy wakes up too early?
My Dog Wakes Up Too Early!
- 1) Rule out medical conditions. Make sure your dog doesn't have a legitimate reason for getting up early.
- 2) Tire him out the night before. A tired dog is a well-behaved happy dog, and a late sleeper.
- 3) Feed him earlier/ better; make “last call” later.
- 4) Reduce stimuli in the bedroom.
- 5) Train him to sleep in.