How do I start a Go program?
Similarly, you may ask, how do I run a Go program?
To run a go program, create a file with an extension .go and write your golang code in that file. For example, we will create a file named helloworld.go and write the following code in it. Now open command prompt and navigate to the location of helloworld.go file. Run the following command.
Furthermore, how do I open a go file? Go was developed as a network programming languages with emphasis on concurrence. Go debuted in 2009. GO files store source code and can be open using any text editor, although it is recommended that dedicated code editors be used, which offer advanced functions such as syntax highlighting.
Accordingly, how do you set up a go environment?
NOTE: GOPATH must not be the same path as your Go installation.
- Create folder at C:go-work .
- Right click on "Start" and click on "Control Panel".
- From the menu on the left, select the "Advanced systems settings".
- Click the "Environment Variables" button at the bottom.
- Click "New" from the "User variables" section.
How do I set up Goroot?
Go tools expect a certain layout of the source code. GOROOT and GOPATH are environment variables that define this layout.
- Open settings ( Ctrl+Alt+S ) and navigate to Go | GOROOT.
- Click the Add SDK button. and select Local.
- In the file browser, navigate to the SDK version that is on your hard drive.
- Click Open.