How do I move my fridge upstairs by myself?
- Clean out and defrost the unit.
- Disconnect fridge according to the user manual.
- Measure fridge and doorways then create a moving plan.
- Remove obstacles like doors as necessary.
- Slide fridge out and strap onto the dolly.
- Tilt fridge back and move with care (slowly).
People also ask, how do you move a refrigerator up stairs by yourself?
How to Get a Refrigerator Upstairs
- Remove all the food from the refrigerator interior.
- Unwind the nylon strap from around the appliance dolly, and hold the strap in one hand.
- Push up on the top edge of the refrigerator to tilt its bottom away from the dolly.
- Wrap the dolly's strap around the refrigerator, about halfway up the appliance.
Also Know, how do you move a heavy fridge? Tilt the fridge backward and place one beneath each leg. Tilt the fridge forward and place one beneath each hind leg. Then move the fridge by grasping it and pulling or pushing it the way it needs to go.
Subsequently, one may also ask, can I move a refrigerator by myself?
Moving a refrigerator by yourself will let you save money – the same amount of money you would give professional movers to do it for you. Yes, it's a feasible task as long as you follow the right steps to moving a refrigerator the right way. Fridges are not only huge, but they usually weigh A LOT.
How do you move a fridge without scratching the floor?
How to Move a Fridge Without Scratching Your Floors
- Defrost Your Fridge First.
- Remove the Shelving & Secure the Doors.
- Obtain a Dolly or a Hand-Truck.
- Use Folded Towels or Cloth Rugs to Protect the Floor.
- Loading the Fridge onto the Dolly or Hand-Truck.
- Navigate Through Doorways and Onto the Moving Truck.