How do I move a file from one location to another?
- Right-click the Start menu button and choose Open Windows Explorer.
- Double-click a folder or series of folders to locate the file that you want to move.
- Click and drag the file to another folder in the Navigation pane on the left side of the window.
Also, how do you move a file from one folder to another?
Move files to a folder
- On your Android device, open the Files by Google app .
- At the bottom, tap Browse .
- Tap the storage device you want to open.
- Find the file you want to move. To move one file:
- Choose which storage device you want to move to.
- Choose which folder you want to move the file to.
- Tap Move here.
Additionally, how do I move files from one directory to another in command prompt? Highlight the files you want to move. Press the keyboard shortcut Command + C. Move to the location you want to move the files and press Option + Command + V to move the files.
Secondly, what are the three ways of copying or moving a file or a folder?
There are three ways to copy or move files in gThumb. To copy a file in the browser view, use Edit ? Copy, or press Ctrl + C . To move a file, use Edit ? Cut, or press Ctrl + X . Then navigate to the destination folder using the folder tree.
How do you drag and drop a file?
Almost any drag and drop operation you can think of will work. To drag and drop a file or folder, click it with your left mouse button, then, without releasing the button, drag it to the desired location and release the mouse button to drop it.