How do I forward a JSP request to another JSP?
Accordingly, how do I forward a JSP request to a servlet?
Forwards a request from a servlet to another resource (servlet, JSP file, or HTML file) on the server. The servlet doXxx() method will just be invoked with the current request/response. Note that the servlet cannot forward to another JSP afterwards.
Likewise, what is the difference between forward and redirect? The Forward method forwards a request from one servlet to another resource in a web application and this resource can be another servlet, JSP page, or HTML file. The Redirect method, on the other hand, redirects the request to a different application. You cannot do this with a forward method.
Also asked, how do you pass an object from one JSP to another JSP?
- If you are using forward (jsp:foprward or RequestDispatcher) from one page to another, then use request.setAttribute(..) and request.getAttribute(), because you are within the same request.
- If you are using redirect (via response. sendRedirect()), then use request. getSession(). setAttribute(..) and request.
Which is the correct syntax for forwarding a request to another page?
JSP Action Element :
- JSP jsp:forward Action elements is used to terminate the action on the current page and Request is forwarded to another page or resource.
- JSP jsp:forward will forward request to another JSP page,Servlet or any static page such as html.
- Request can be made to the another resources by passing parameter.