How do I load data into Splunk?
- There are three ways to add data to Splunk:
- The easiest way to add data to Splunk is to use the first option (Upload).
- From the home screen, click on the Add Data icon:
- Click on the Upload icon:
- Next, you will need to select the file source.
- Browse to the file you would like to include:
Herein, how do I import a CSV file into Splunk?
To upload a file, do the following:
- Open the Lookup Editor.
- Click "New"
- Click the file selector at the top right of the screen near where it says "Import from CSV file"; once your file it uploaded it will appear in the interface.
- Set a name for the lookup and press save.
Likewise, how do I forward data to Splunk? How to forward data to Splunk Enterprise
- Configure receiving on a Splunk Enterprise instance or cluster.
- Download and install the universal forwarder.
- Start the universal forwarder and accept the license agreement.
- (Optional) Change the credentials on the universal forwarder from their defaults.
In respect to this, how do I import log files into Splunk?
Configure monitor inputs for the Splunk Add-on for Apache Web Server
- Log into Splunk Web.
- Select Settings > Data inputs > Files & directories.
- Click New.
- Click Browse next to the File or Directory field.
- Navigate to the access log file generated by the Apache Web Server and click Next.
What is Splunk lookup?
A lookup table is a mapping of keys and values. Splunk Lookup helps you in adding a field from an external source based on the value that matches your field in the event data. It enriches the data while comparing different event fields. Splunk lookup command can accept multiple event fields and destfields.