How do I increase the hanging space in my closet?
- Throw Out Clothes That Don't Fit.
- Remove the Clutter.
- Remember the Floor Space.
- Add Lighting.
- Make Use of the Upper Shelf.
- Hang a Mirror or Two.
- Paint It a Lighter Color.
- Don't Count Out Corners.
Click to see full answer
Similarly, you may ask, how do you maximize a hanging space in a closet?
10 Ways to Squeeze a Little Extra Storage Out of a Small Closet
- Double your available hanging space by adding an extender rod.
- Store clothes on shelves more efficiently with shelf dividers.
- Double your shelf space with under shelf baskets.
- Hooks are your very best friend.
One may also ask, how much does it cost to expand a closet? Typical costs: Expanding an existing closet by moving walls and adding new lighting and other features takes about 15 hours and $1,000 worth of supplies; hiring someone to do the work adds another $1,700, for a total cost around $2,700, according to DIYNet.com .
Also to know is, how can I put more clothes in my closet?
- Declutter your clothes by category. Flickr/CGPGrey.
- Empty and clean your closet.
- Design your ideal closet space.
- Store your clothes by category.
- Hang anything delicate, fancy, or sturdy.
- Use coordinating hangers.
- Stack thick items like denim and sweaters.
- Roll t-shirts, pajamas, and workout clothes into storage boxes.
How do you get the most small space in a closet?
Instead of cutting your wardrobe in half, use these fifteen small closet ideas to create twice as much space as you had before.
- 1 Get a Clothing Rack.
- 2 Add Storage Under Clothes.
- 3 Utilize Modular Shelving.
- 4 Install Sliding Doors.
- 5 Get Shelf Dividers.
- 6 Purge You Closet.
- 7 Call On Wicker Baskets.
- 8 Hang Accessories.