What are the steps to organize your closet?
- Designate a staging area and empty your closet out. You can use your bed or a cleared-out corner of the room.
- Organize items into specific categories and take inventory.
- Eliminate items that don't belong in that particular closet.
- Remove unwanted items.
- Clean the closet itself.
In respect to this, what is the best way to organize your closet?
- Declutter your clothes by category. Flickr/CGPGrey.
- Empty and clean your closet.
- Design your ideal closet space.
- Store your clothes by category.
- Hang anything delicate, fancy, or sturdy.
- Use coordinating hangers.
- Stack thick items like denim and sweaters.
- Roll t-shirts, pajamas, and workout clothes into storage boxes.
Furthermore, what order do you hang clothes in closet? Return clothing to the closet. Section garments by type, then by color, so you can always easily see what you have. Hang pants, jackets, button-front shirts, dresses, and skirts. T-shirts, pajamas, sweaters, yoga wear and underthings should be folded and put in dresser drawers, on shelves, or in bins.
Just so, how do you organize your closet by season?
Organize by season Regarding how you place clothes back in your closet, some people like to organized by season. If you do this, you may want to put the summer items first, such as tank tops and short-sleeved casual shirts followed by longer-sleeved items, then put in your less casual, dressy blouses or outfits.
What to hang and what to fold?
You can hang or fold the following items: t-shirts, jeans & other denim items, khakis, vests, polyester. If you're hanging a shirt, make sure the seams along the shoulders line up evenly with the edge of the hanger. Keep hangers evenly spaced with room between garments to prevent crowding, snagging and wrinkling.