How do I get my cat TICA registered?
- Both of the cat's parents are registered with TICA.
- Register a cat using a breeder slip number (BSN)
- One of the cat's parents is registered in TICA.
- I have a pedigree for my cat from another association or the breeder.
- Pedigrees accepted for registrations.
Click to see full answer
Accordingly, how do I register my cat on Tica?
- Create an Online Service Account.
- Log on to our Online Services.
- Choose the service Registration.
- Choose Start Cat Registration from a Breeder Slip.
- Follow the instructions.
Also, what does it mean to be TICA registered? The International Cat Association® (TICA®) is the world's largest genetic registry of pedigreed cats, the largest registry of household pet cats and kittens. TICA was the first and now the world's largest-registry to allow household cats of unknown ancestry to compete for the same titles and awards as pedigreed cats.
In this way, can you register a cat without papers?
If there are no Reg papers and the litter wasn't registered, the cat's can't be proven to be purebred. But papers are no proof the cats (or dogs) are purebred anyway. There is a lot of dishonesty in the breeding of cats and dogs. Whether the breeder is a reg breeder or not is irrelevant.
How do I know if my cat breeder is reputable?
Ways to find a good cat breeder
- Visit the breeder at home. Don't be shy about asking to visit kittens at the breeder's home.
- Check the overall health of the kitten.
- Gauge the breeder's passion.
- Avoid the breeder if he's insisting too much.
- Visit several breeders.