How do I find out how old my Maytag dryer is?
- Find the serial number. Maytag stamps its appliances with serial numbers in at least one place and sometimes more.
- Find the year and month code. Each Maytag serial number contains two letters.
- Determine the year and month of manufacturing. The first number represents the year and the second represents the month.
In this regard, how do I find out how old my dryer is?
To determine the age of your appliance, use your serial number (not model number) to find date of manufacture. Our serial numbers begin with two letters followed by six numbers. The 2 letters at the beginning of the serial number tell you the month and year it was made.
Similarly, where is the manufacture date on a serial number? The first 2 digits are the year of manufacture, and the next 3 digits are the Julian date (day of the year). For the 2020 base station, the date code is listed under the serial number on the product item label.
In this regard, how can you tell how old an appliance is?
You can determine the age of your appliance by looking at the serial number on the nameplate.
- The first number indicates the year of manufacture, and the second and third digits indicate the production week. For example, 13500016: week 35 in 2001.
- You will find this information on the manufacturer's data plate:
What year was my washer made?
The first number represents the year of manufacture. In more current models, the number "2" represents the year 2002, "3" represents 2003, "4" represents 2004, and so on. The next two numbers identify the week of the year that the washer was built.