How do I file a complaint with the California State Contractors Board?
- Call to have a Complaint Form mailed to you 1-800-321-CSLB (2752), OR.
- Use the On-line Complaint Form, OR.
- Download and Print a Complaint Form.
Hereof, how do I file a complaint against a construction company?
- CONTRACTORS STATE.
- Department of Consumer Affairs.
- a consumer guide.
- You can file a complaint online at www.cslb.ca.gov, by mail (after downloading the complaint form), or by calling to request a form, 1-800-321-CSLB (2752).
- Steps to File a.
- Unlicensed Activity.
One may also ask, how do I file a complaint against a plumber? How to complain about a plumber (or other contractor).
- Usually you can also complain about a plumber or other tradesman to your state licensing authority. Licensing requirements vary by state.
- Complain to your State consumer protection department.
- Post your complaint/review of the contractor on the internet.
Keeping this in view, where do I report a bad contractor?
A slew of websites allow you to post information about bad contractors, including Angieslist.com and Franklinreport.com (for certain cities). You can also file a complaint with your state contractor licensing board, which could make the information public if it receives enough complaints.
What can you do if a contractor rips you off?
7 Ways to deal with a bad contractor
- First, compile all paperwork.
- Fire them.
- File a claim if contractor is bonded.
- File a complaint with the state licensing board if contractor is licensed.
- Request mediation or arbitration.
- File a suit in small claims court.
- Hire an attorney.
- File complaints and post public reviews.