How do I build a gravel patio area?
- Mark area for desired patio with landscaper's spray paint.
- Use rounded spade to excavate area for size of intended patio.
- Lay out brick edging to decide what pattern you want.
- Put concrete mortar under each brick to secure.
- Use level to make sure every brick is even.
- Cover soil are with landscape fabric.
Just so, how deep should a gravel patio be?
Pea Gravel Patio Depth Similar to pea gravel walkways, most pea gravel patios are constructed to offer a depth of about two inches, though you may need to dig deeper if the underlying soil isn't firm enough to provide an effective foundation.
Beside this, what type of gravel is best for patios?
Round gravel, such as pea gravel, has the most give and is the most comfortable to walk on. The gravel does shift some. You'll notice footprints in your patio after you walk on it, and you'll need to rake the gravel back into place and add more gravel from time to time.
For all that, weed cloth does have a use: under hardscape. It may be bad under bark dust, mulch, soil, or compost but it works very well under river rock, gravel, decomposed granite, or flagstone. It certainly does help with weeds, but it also keep mud and aggregate separate during our wet winters!