How can plastic bottles be recycled?
Thereof, how much of a plastic bottle can be recycled?
About 6 billion pounds of plastic bottles get thrown away every year, and only about 30% of them are recycled, according to IBISWorld analyst Nate Gelman. Of that 30%, just one-fifth is processed to create fresh plastic bottles for use in food and beverage.
Regarding this, how do you recycle plastic bottles at home?
Here Are 20 Ways to Reuse and Recycle Plastic Bottles:
- Create Recycled Plastic Bottle Supply Cups.
- Reuse Coffee Creamer Containers for Snack Storage.
- Make a DIY Plastic Bottle Planter.
- Upcycle Laundry Detergent Bottles Into a Watering Can.
- Turn a Milk Carton Into a Garden Scooper.
All plastic drink bottles can go in the recycle bins, although Planet Ark recommends people remove the lids from bottles and put them in the garbage. Bottle lids are too small to be picked up by the factory sorting machines.