How bad is 300 air quality?
Hereof, what happens if the air quality gets to 500?
According to the Environmental Protection Agency, levels between 301 and 500 are “Hazardous,” meaning people should avoid all outdoor activity. The World Health Organization has standards that judge a score above 500 to be more than 20 times the level of particulate matter in the air deemed safe.
Additionally, what do you do when air quality is unhealthy? 10 Tips to Protect Yourself from Unhealthy Air
- Check daily air pollution forecasts in your area.
- Avoid exercising outdoors when pollution levels are high.
- Always avoid exercising near high-traffic areas.
- Use less energy in your home.
- Encourage your child's school to reduce exposure to school bus emissions.
- Walk, bike or carpool.
- Don't burn wood or trash.
Similarly one may ask, what is very unhealthy air quality?
Understanding the AQI
|Air Quality Index (AQI) Values||Levels of Health Concern||Colors|
|When the AQI is in this range:||..air quality conditions are:||as symbolized by this color:|
|151 to 200||Unhealthy||Red|
|201 to 300||Very Unhealthy||Purple|
|301 to 500||Hazardous||Maroon|
What are the six levels of air quality?
These six pollutants are carbon monoxide, lead, nitrogen oxides, ground-level ozone, particle pollution (often referred to as particulate matter), and sulfur oxides.