Does your coffee table have to match your end tables?
Click to see full answer
Similarly, you may ask, do side tables need to match?
Keep It Together Choose side tables that are the same height and similar in color family so that the design is still cohesive. Even though they aren't identical, the side tables will feel like they belong together. You can also use matching lamps to bring more consistency to the room.
Subsequently, question is, how do I choose the right coffee table? Traditionally, your coffee table should be 12 to 18 inches away from your sofa—any more or less than that will feel uncomfortably close or far. Between your coffee table and your TV stand or fireplace, you should calculate at least 24 inches to 30 inches to leave enough room for circulating around the space.
Also to know is, how do you match end tables in living room?
Four easy ways to do that:
- If you do have a matched set of cocktail and end tables, pop something a little different beside the accent chair.
- Match one end table to the cocktail table, and then use a different end table on the other end of the sofa.
- Use a unique cocktail table, and match end tables.
How do you decorate a wooden coffee table?
15 Designer Tips for Styling Your Coffee Table
- Look High and Low. When all items are at the same eye level, nothing gets noticed.
- Three's Company. The age-old rule of threes comes in handy when styling your coffee table.
- Contrast Colors. Choose decor that plays off the color of your coffee table.
- Pick Sides.
- Go Green.
- Use a Tray.
- Be Entertaining.
- Examine Every Angle.