Does laminate chip?
Thereof, does laminate flooring chip easily?
Laminate flooring, like vinyl plank, is also extremely durable and is a good choice for homes with children and pets. It is extremely resistant to damage and will not have to be refinished over time like traditional hardwoods. However, it is possible to scratch or chip laminate flooring.
One may also ask, can laminate flooring get scratched? While laminate flooring is fairly durable and meant to last for years, it can scratch and scrape fairly easily. Because the surface cannot be sanded, these scratches have to be repaired with wax or putty.
In this manner, how do you fix a chip in laminate flooring?
How To Repair Damaged Laminate
- Use a wax pencil. Filling in minor scratches with a wax pencil is as easy as coloring on your floors.
- Try repair putty. If your scratch is too deep for a wax pencil repair, you will need to use repair putty.
- Replace the Scratched Boards. Sometimes, putty and wax is not enough.
How can I cut laminate flooring without chipping?
Correctly cutting laminate floor eliminates chipping, increasing the longevity of the flooring.
- Cover the finished side of a piece of laminate floor with low-tack masking tape.
- Make a pencil mark on the unfinished-wood side of the laminate plank at the required cut length.
- Don safety glasses.