Do birds like cedar bird feeders?
In respect to this, what kind of bird feeders do birds like?
Photo by Susan Spear/Cornell Lab.
- Tray or Platform Feeders. Trays attract the widest variety of seed-eating feeder birds, including pigeons, starlings, and House Sparrows, but also grosbeaks and native sparrows.
- Hopper or “House” Feeders.
- Window Feeders.
- Tube Feeders.
- Nyjer Feeders.
- Suet Feeders.
Likewise, how do birds detect bird feeders? Sight is the most important way birds find feeders. They can also find feeders when seeds are scattered on the ground or on top of the feeder. Birds are constantly looking for food, so sometimes they'll just find a feeding station because it happens to be in an area they frequent.
Similarly one may ask, what's the best bird feeder for small birds?
Here are the best bird feeders you can buy:
- Best thistle bird feeder: Stokes Select Little-Bit Finch Feeder.
- Best oriole bird feeder: Songbird Essentials Ultimate Oriole Feeder.
- Best suet feeder: Stokes Select Double Suet Bird Feeder.
- Best squirrel-proof bird feeder: Squirrel Buster Standard Bird Feeder.
Why do birds not like my feeder?
When there is an abundance of weed seeds and berries, birds don't need to come to your feeder. It may also be the wrong time of day. After watching their feeders all day, some people will swear no birds visit. In mild weather, when wild food is plentiful, birds will use your feeder less.