Will AutoZone put Freon in my car?
Also, how much does it cost to put Freon in your car?
For most cars, the cost of an AC recharge will be about $200 but can go as high as $280. It's a simple procedure, but it can take a while to check everything out and ensure that there is no further damage, so expect to pay about $120 for the labor costs.
Similarly, how do I recharge the Freon in my car? Recharge your AC in 7 easy steps:
- Materials Needed:
- Step 1: Turn on your AC.
- Step 2: Determine if AC compressor is engaging.
- Step 3: Test the pressure.
- Step 4: Attach the recharge hose from the kit.
- Step 5: Restart the vehicle and monitor the gauge.
- Step 6: Thread the refrigerant can onto the recharge hose.
Herein, does AutoZone do a free AC check?
AutoZone will test your car's parts for free. We can test your car's battery*, alternator*, starter* and voltage regulator while they're still on your car. We can also give your car a complete starting and charging systems test. You can also take your alternator, starter or battery into our store and we'll test it.
How do I know when my car needs freon?
Well, there are a few signs to look for.
- Room Temperature Air. One of the most characteristic symptoms of low freon is the presence of room temperature air blowing from the vents.
- Visible Leaks. Of course, another sign of low freon levels is a visible leak.
- Clutch Doesn't Engage.
- Ice on Compressor.