Why is measuring the amount of co2 an appropriate way to determine the amount of respiration in yeast?
Then, how do you measure the amount of carbon dioxide produced by yeast?
Raw Egg & Vinegar Experiments This is known as respiration and the product of the yeast is carbon dioxide, or CO2. Fill the 250mL beaker halfway with water and fill the graduated cylinder completely with water. Put your hand on the top of the graduated cylinder and flip it upside down and place it into the beaker.
Also, what are three ways you can measure the rate of cellular respiration? When you study the equation for cellular respiration, you will see that there are at least three ways:
- Measure the amount of glucose consumed.
- Measure the amount of oxygen consumed.
- Measure the amount of carbon dioxide produced.
People also ask, how do you measure the rate of respiration in yeast?
The rate of respiration in yeast
- Set up an inverted measuring cylinder in a water bath so that the cylinder is full of water and clamp into position.
- Add 20 cm 3 of water to 1 g yeast and 0.5 g glucose and stir.
What is the equation to determine the rate of respiration?
Rate = slope of the line, or Δ y/Δ x 2.