Who is eligible for Cacfp?
Moreover, is Cacfp a federal program?
The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is a type of United States federal assistance provided by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to states in order to provide a daily subsidized food service for an estimated 3.3 million children and 120,000 elderly or mentally or physically impaired adults in
Furthermore, how do you get a daycare Food Program? Family child care providers must follow several requirements to participate in the USDA Child Care Food Program:
- Hold a current state license, registration, local approval, military certification or extension letter;
- Follow USDA meal patterns;
- Serve healthy and nutritious foods;
Also Know, what type of service is provided by the Cacfp?
The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is a federal program that provides reimbursements for nutritious meals and snacks to eligible children and adults who are enrolled for care at participating child care centers, day care homes, and adult day care centers.
How do you become a sponsor for Cacfp?
Who Can Become a Site
- Attend your sponsor's training.
- Supervise activities and meal service at your site.
- Manage volunteers.
- Distribute meals by following SFSP guidelines.
- Keep daily records of meals served.
- Store food appropriately.
- Keep the site clean and sanitary.
- Help your sponsor promote the program in the community.