Who are Petruchio's servants?
Click to see full answer
Herein, who was Katherine's suitor?
Hortensio - A gentleman of Padua. Hortensio is one of Bianca's suitors at the beginning of the play. Hortensio directs Petruchio to woo Kate so he can win the contest to win Bianca. To secretly woo Bianca, Hortensio dresses up as a music instructor to court Bianca.
Subsequently, question is, what is Petruchio's last name? Petruchio (an anglicisation of the Italian name Petruccio; Italian pronunciation: [peˈtrutt?o]) is the male protagonist in Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew (c. 1590–1594).
Consequently, who are the key characters in The Taming of the Shrew?
- Katherina (Kate) Minola – the "shrew" of the title.
- Bianca Minola – sister of Katherina; the ingénue.
- Baptista Minola – father of Katherina and Bianca.
- Petruchio – suitor of Katherina.
- Gremio – elderly suitor of Bianca.
- Lucentio – suitor of Bianca.
- Hortensio – suitor of Bianca and friend to Petruchio.
What kind of guy is Petruchio?
Petruchio is a gentleman who comes to Padua from Verona seeking a wife. He is loud, stubborn, and boisterous—in some ways a male version of Katherine. He accepts the challenge of taming Katherine and is confident in his ability to exercise male dominance over her.